A dream holiday should also include time to enjoy some music, culture, and Balearic tradition, and there are few things more typical of the islands than the symphonic music and choir of the Orfeó Balear, sponsored by Garden Hotels. Below, you will find details of its programmed performances over the next few months in Palma and around the rest of the island.
Music relaxes us, excites us, and can move us to the very deepest level. Garden Hotels would like you to open your hearts to the musical delights of performances by the Orfeó Balear, a symphonic choir. Its concerts alternate between its symphonic-choral repertoire and choral music programmes in a variety of styles, with a predominance of traditional music and work by Mallorcan and Spanish composers. Its performances will delight you with a range of beautiful compositions from the 18th century to the present day.
The choir often performs with the Balearic Chamber Orchestra and gives several seasonal concerts in the Balearic Islands. It also takes part in the Balearic Classical Music Festival and the Classical Summer Festival.
The Orféo Balear summer programme:
- Saturday, 10th June at 20:30 h. “The Orfeó Balear in concert. A polyphonic journey”. The concert will take place at the Santa Creu church. Free entry with PWYW (pay what you want) ticketing. The performance will include a diverse range of works including musical theatre, religious polyphony, zarzuela, opera, gospel, and popular songs. Solo performance by Marcela Inguanzo. Conductor and pianist: Daniel Mulet.
• Tuesday, 13th June at 19:30 h. Charity concert on the patio at the Palma Eucharistic Centre featuring a repertoire similar to that of Saturday, 10th of June.
• Friday, 23rd June at 20:00 h. “Symphonic-choral concert” is part of the “Inclàssic” cycle of performances at the cloister of Santo Domingo de Inca church, organised by the local council. Taking part are the Orfeó Balear, the Balearic Chamber Orchestra, and soloists José Miguel Asensi and Ana Rodrigo, with a varied repertoire of orchestral and choir music. The conductor is Maestro Daniel Mulet. Free entry until the venue reaches full capacity.
• Saturday, 1st July at 19:00 h. Mass for Sant Pere at the Moll Vell (outdoors). The traditional boat procession takes place after the mass. The event is organised by the parish of Santa Creu and the mass is led by Monseigneur Nadal Bernat. Taking part are the organist Bartomeu Manresa, the Orfeó Balear, and the Orfeó Santa Maria, conducted by Daniel Mulet.
• Saturday, 29th July at 20:30 h. “Gala de Ópera 2023” in the cloister at Monti-sion, in Palma. Performing are the Orfeó Balear, the Balearic Chamber Orchestra, and soloists Gabriel Mas, Paula Riera, and Marcela Inguanzo. The entrance fee is priced differently for online tickets bought in advance and tickets purchased at the door. Conductor: Daniel Mulet.