At Garden Hotels we prioritise sustainable activities that help take care of our environment, with actions such as offering our guests local products, buying from fair-trade and sustainable sources, reducing our carbon footprint, making our own compost and removing all single-use plastics from our hotels. We’re helping take care of our planet, but we can’t do it alone. We’re happy to have the chance to share with you the peace of mind we get from taking better care of the environment. With the help of Garden Hotels you can also become a more responsible and ‘eco-friendly’ tourist.
The sustainable activities we have always focused on since the company began have allowed us to earn the first Circular Economy Strategy certification from AENOR. But did you know that our commitment to protecting the planet also depends on your behaviour as a responsible tourist? Your sustainable behaviour and attitudes help minimise the impact on the destinations you visit on your holidays.
This ‘eco-friendly’ awareness is something that is important long before you leave home, from the time you begin to plan your holiday. Being a responsible tourist helps preserve the beauty of the destinations you visit for future generations and also make a positive contribution to local communities. With Garden Hotels you can enjoy the satisfaction of being a more responsible tourist by following a few simple recommendations:
- Learn about and respect local customs: It’s really important to learn about and respect local customs, culture and regulations. This includes wearing appropriate clothing and respecting the traditions of the place you visit.
- Prioritise sustainability: Choosing our hotels guarantees that you are endorsing eco-friendly practices that support the local community.As pioneers in sustainability and the circular economy, Garden Hotels has eliminated all single-use plastics in our hotels. We convert organic waste into high-quality ecological compost. 95,000 kg of our products are from the Balearic Islands and we use 20,000 kg of organic products every year. Every year we also serve our guests 3,000 kg of organic Mallorcan lamb. And you can also buy ‘flor d’ametler’ products that you can enjoy at home, including the lovely soap made by the Mallorcan company Tot Herba that you will also find in our hotels. Our social awareness also inspires us to take part in projects that support and encourage integration. We also involve our employees, customers and suppliers in our environmental awareness and sustainability activities.
- Preserve nature and culture. Avoid activities that damage the environment and always follow the rules in protected areas. Keep your distance from wildlife and help preserve the natural and cultural sites you visit.
- Support the local economy. Make sure that what you do has a direct benefit for the local community, investing in local products and showing respect to the residents in your holiday destination.
- Use energy and water responsibly. Be careful how you use energy and water. Turn off the lights and air conditioning when you leave your room and limit your use of towels and sheets to reduce the need for washing.
Following these five recommendations will help you enjoy a more responsible holiday and also make a positive contribution to the well-being of the planet and the local community. At Garden Hotels we believe that every small detail matters, and that acting together we can make a difference in conserving our environment and encouraging sustainable tourism. Join us on this journey towards more responsible tourism!